Marketing and Communications Manager
Location: Portland, OR desired; Seattle, Oakland or Santa Ana considered
Founded in 1979, DKS Associates is a national, employee-owned transportation planning and traffic engineering firm providing state-of-the-art consulting services for all modes of ground transportation, including Smart Cities and Connected/Autonomous Vehicles. We make a difference in the communities we serve and you can become a part of the future of transportation.
The DKS specialized team of experts work with clients in the private and public sectors and at the local, regional, state, and federal levels. Virtually all of our technical staff members are registered professional engineers, professional traffic operations engineers, professional transportation planners, or certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners or other professional societies. Approximately two-thirds hold advanced degrees.
This position will lead and facilitate marketing planning sessions aligned with the growth of DKS associates and our growth into the future of transportation, including Smart Cities and Connected Vehicle initiatives. This is a strategic-level position responsible for planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating companywide marketing initiatives designed to differentiate and promote the sale of DKS’s services. The successful candidate will establish marketing programs, policies, and procedures to support the company’s sales, revenue, and market penetration objectives. They will be involved in training and preparing key employees in business development and sales efforts. This leadership-level position directs preparation of the corporate marketing plan and has major influence on its content, and represents the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in marketing & proposals in the A/E industry.
- BA/BS degree with concentration in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding (a) written and (b) verbal communications skills.
- Able to create and deliver high quality presentation materials, and train/coach staff to deliver effective presentations.
- Complete understanding of the proposal process and able to lead and work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer/partner/client relationship skills.
- Able to build and foster long-term relationships with internal teams and external prospects, clients and partners.
- Self-motivated – able to work with minimal direction.
- Comfortable working with all levels of company leadership and staff.
- High level of computer experience with Adobe InDesign graphics suite, and photo editing software; experience with databases preferred.
If interested, email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Indicate “Marketing and Communications Manager #2015-019″ in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name.Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.