Brian Chandler joins DKS as the Director of Transportation Safety. In this role he will be developing and growing DKS’s already established Transportation Safety Services, reaffirming DKS’s commitment to safety. He will use his real-world experience in roadway safety engineering, safety management, and data analysis to help clients reduce the number and severity of transportation-related crashes in their jurisdictions.
Brian brings a rare combination of technical and leadership experience in transportation from his previous work in State government, Federal government and the private sector. Here are just a few examples of his career accomplishments:
- Developed and implemented Strategic Highway Safety Plans (SHSPs) in Connecticut, Maryland, and Missouri
- Led data analysis of the Oregon Transportation Safety Action Plan (TSAP) and Clackamas County TSAP
- Administered the Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) as Missouri DOT’s Traffic Safety Engineer, and oversaw its implementation as Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Safety Engineer
- Developed more than 30 Roadway Departure Safety Plans and Intersection Safety Implementation Plans focused on low-cost, systemic safety treatments
- Authored a university-level highway safety textbook
“I was attracted by the company’s safety focus and their plans to grow their safety services,” Brian said. “I intend to apply my transportation safety experience to strengthen the current services being offered while developing new future market opportunities.”
From a past client: “The Strategic Highway Safety Plan has exceeded even my highest expectations, and I am proud to be associated with the preparation and production of this plan,” stated Joseph Ouellette, Connecticut DOT State Safety Engineer.
Brian Chandler earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and is a registered professional civil engineer, and a professional traffic operations engineer. Brian will be based out of the Seattle, WA office.