Transportation Engineer Assistant
Location: Oakland, CA
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge transportation planning, traffic operations and transportation design projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation in our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability.
The successful candidate will work on various traffic engineering and transportation planning projects; build, customize and use travel demand and simulation models; conduct traffic impact analysis; work on transportation design; operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems projects; evaluate urban growth and demographic trends; create graphics for reports and presentations; and perform other quality technical and analytical tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or related field
- Coursework in transportation and traffic engineering, transportation planning, GIS, environmental studies, statistics or travel demand modeling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Should be able to work both as a team member and independently
- Master’s Degree in Transportation Engineering or City/Regional planning
- Computer Science background
- EIT Certification
- Current or previous work experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning, and travel demand modeling with a consulting firm or public agency
- Computer programming
If interested, email cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Traffic Engineer Assistant #2015-022” in the subject line when applying. The naming convention for your attachments should be “First Name Last Name Document Name.” For example, John Smith Resume
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age