Transportation Engineering Assistant
Location: Portland, OR
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge transportation planning, traffic operations and transportation design projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability.
The successful candidate will work on various traffic engineering and transportation planning projects; build, customize and use travel demand and simulation models; conduct traffic impact analysis; work on transportation design; operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems projects; evaluate urban growth and demographic trends; create graphics for reports and presentations; and perform other quality technical and analytical tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or related field
- Coursework in transportation and traffic engineering, transportation planning, GIS, environmental studies, statistics or travel demand modeling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Should be able to work both as a team member and independently
- Master’s Degree in Transportation Engineering or City/Regional planning
- Computer Science background
- EIT Certification
- Current or previous work experience in transportation engineering, transportation planning, and travel demand modeling with a consulting firm or public agency
- Computer programming
If interested, email cover letter and resume: email@example.com. Indicate “Transportation Engineer Assistant #2015-015” in the subject line when applying.
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.