Transportation Engineer Intern
Location: Portland, OR
The successful candidate will work on various traffic engineering and transportation planning projects; perform field work and provide support to the engineering and planning professional staff; learn, develop and use travel demand and simulation models; conduct traffic impact analysis; work on transportation design and provide CAD design support; work on arterial signal coordination projects involving traffic signal operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems; create graphics for reports and presentations; and perform other quality technical and analytical tasks.
- Obtaining or already obtained Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation or related field
- Coursework in transportation and traffic engineering, transportation planning, GIS, environmental studies, statistics or travel demand modeling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work both as a team member and independently
- Obtaining or already obtained Masters Degree in Transportation Engineering
- EIT Certification
- Current or previous work experience in transportation engineering or transportation planning with a consulting firm or public agency
DKS commonly promotes its interns to full time positions. Please email cover letter, resume (include GPA) and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Transportation Intern #2015-017” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name.Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age