TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER INTERN
Location: Oakland, CA
The successful candidate will work on various traffic engineering and transportation planning projects; perform field work and provide support to the engineering and planning professional staff; learn, develop and use travel demand and simulation models; conduct traffic impact analysis; work on transportation design and provide CAD design support; work on arterial signal coordination projects involving traffic signal operations and Intelligent Transportation Systems; create graphics for reports and presentations; and perform other quality technical and analytical tasks.
- Obtaining or already obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation or related field
- Coursework in transportation and traffic engineering, transportation planning, GIS, environmental studies, statistics or travel demand modeling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work both as a team member and independently
- Obtaining or already obtained Master’s Degree in Transportation Engineering
- EIT Certification
- Current or previous work experience in transportation engineering or transportation planning with a consulting firm or public agency
DKS commonly promotes its interns to full time positions. Please email cover letter, resume (include GPA) and transcript to email@example.com. Indicate “Transportation Intern #2015-020” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name Last Name resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age