Location: Oakland, CA
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge transportation planning, traffic operations and transportation design projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation in our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability.
The successful candidate will perform technical engineering work, supporting management of projects and helping lead a team of engineers focused on delivering high quality transportation projects. The successful candidate shall have strong experience in traffic operations and/or traffic engineering design. Desired traffic operations experience includes traffic operational analysis using Vissim and/or Synchro, traffic signal coordination, traffic signal controller programming, and corridor studies. Desired traffic engineering design experience includes traffic signal design, illumination design, signing/striping design, temporary traffic control design, and ITS/communications design. Responsibilities will also include analysis of traffic signal operation on arterials and networks, specification of applicable data collection, development of new signal timing parameters based on detailed analysis, inputting traffic signal plans via central control systems and/or directly into local controllers, and design and analysis of traffic surveys to evaluate signal timing effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with and emphasis in transportation engineering or similar,
- 3-5 years of experience in transportation engineering, including operational analysis and traffic engineering design,
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices requirements,
- Experience in the preparation of traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals,
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering
- P.E. in Civil and/or Traffic Engineering, P.T.O.E.
- Experience with client meetings and public meetings
If interested, email cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Traffic Engineer #2015-021” in the subject line when applying. The naming convention for your attachments should be “First Name Last Name Document Name.” For example, John Smith Resume
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.