Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineering
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by Zweig White, DKS Associates is a growing, national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consulting firm.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Engineer to become part of a dynamic transportation design group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Perform general engineering designs of individual tasks on transportation-related projects such as, preparing preliminary and final designs, specifications, bidding, cost estimates, assessing project schedules, coordinating approvals, and sub consultants, attending meetings with clients, and using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Perform basic traffic and ITS design as well as utility research and design, communication network design, quantity calculations and cost estimates.
- Should have diversified design experience and be able to perform design and CADD work independently on complex projects with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the development of major elements of projects and assist senior project personnel in providing professional services to many public sector clients across Southern California.
- Serves as a trainer and resource for junior level staff
- Reviews drawings and researches design standards to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4-8 years of related experience.
- EIT on track for Professional Registration in the State of California.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD/Microstation and other software such as Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Autoturn and Torus is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of applicable agencies design standards: LADOT, County of Los Angeles, Port of Long Beach, and Port of Los Angeles.
- Must be self-motivated possessing strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate “Traffic/Transportation Engineering #2015-012” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.