TRAFFIC OPERATIONS/TRAFFIC ENGINEER – Mid-Senior
Location: Oakland, CA
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, DKS Associates is a growing national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consulting firm. We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package which includes competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package with a choice of medical plans, dental, life and disability.
In this role, you will perform technical engineering work, manage projects & lead a team of engineers on traffic signal systems, design of traffic management centers and ITS projects. You will have experience in the preparation of ITS PS&E, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E plan sets. You must have the ability, initiative and drive to pursue challenging and exciting projects through proposal preparation, advance marketing for new projects and be comfortable in making client and interview presentations.
- BS in Civil Engineering or similar field with an emphasis in transportation engineering.
- 10 plus years of experience in transportation engineering including operational analysis of arterial networks, corridor signal synchronization/timing and freeway corridors using simulation packages identified above.
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering
- P.E. in Civil, Electrical, and/or Traffic Engineering, PTOE
- Experience with design/implementation of signal systems, field equipment and development of signal timing plans
- Consulting and business development experience
If interested, email cover letter and resume: email@example.com. Indicate “Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer #2015-006” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name.Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.