Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer -Mid-Senior
Location: Seattle, WA
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, DKS Associates is a growing national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consulting firm. We provide significant growth potential & the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package, which includes competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and disability.
The candidate will perform technical engineering work, supporting management of projects and helping lead a team of engineers focused on delivering high quality transportation projects. The successful candidate shall have strong experience in traffic operations and/or traffic engineering design. Desired traffic operations experience includes traffic operational analysis using Vissim and/or Synchro, traffic signal coordination, traffic signal controller programming, and corridor studies. Desired traffic engineering design experience includes traffic signal design, illumination design, and ITS design.
The candidate shall have a BS/MS Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering and 5+ years related work experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or similar,
- 5-10 years of experience in transportation engineering including operational analysis of arterial networks and traffic engineering design,
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices requirements,
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals,
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering,
- P.E. in Civil or Electrical Engineering,
- Experience with design/implementation of signal systems, field equipment and development of signal timing plans,
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management,
- Consulting and business development experience.
If interested, email cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer #2015-005” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name.Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.