Location: Portland, OR
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge transportation planning, traffic operations and transportation design projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and short- and long-term disability.
The successful candidate will perform technical engineering work, supporting management of projects and helping lead a team of engineers focused on delivering high quality transportation projects. The successful candidate shall have strong experience in traffic operations and/or traffic engineering design. Desired traffic operations experience includes traffic operational analysis using Vissim and/or Synchro, traffic signal coordination, traffic signal controller programming, and corridor studies. Desired traffic engineering design experience includes traffic signal design, illumination design, signing/striping design, temporary traffic control design, and ITS/communications design.
The candidate shall have a BS/MS Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering and 3-5 years related work experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or similar,
- 3-5 years of experience in transportation engineering, including operational analysis and traffic engineering design,
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices requirements,
- Experience in the preparation of traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals,
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering
- P.E. in Civil and/or Traffic Engineering, P.T.O.E.
- Experience with client meetings and public meetings
If interested, email cover letter and resume: email@example.com. Indicate “Traffic Engineer #2015-014” in the subject line when applying.
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.