Senior Systems/Network Engineer
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, with eight offices across the U.S., DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned specialty transportation planning and engineering consulting firm. Our transportation efforts result in projects that enrich communities.
We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. We offer a generous compensation package that includes a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, a profit sharing/401(k) plan, and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS has an excellent comprehensive benefits package with a choice of medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
The Sr. System/Network Engineer will possess a computer systems background and provide network communication engineering and management services for DKS clients, including public transportation agencies and private organizations. Location is flexible – this position may be located in any of our West Coast offices (Seattle, Oakland Portland, Sacramento or Southern California), or potentially Austin, Texas).
Candidates should have experience in designing, installing and managing network systems. This position plans and executes highly complex network activities including wireless data, video, and voice applications.
- In this role, you will provide network management support and subject matter expertise during the proposal process and contract execution.
- You will need to understand network management documentation, information assurance, and schedules in order to develop and monitor execution plans that provide recommended solutions to successfully execute project strategy.
- You will act as a corporate-level resource and participate in network definition and requirement generation to ensure that appropriate communications requirements are included in system level documentation.
- You should have a computer science/engineering background, with network management experience related to commercial, governmental and/or military network design, deployment, and maintenance.
- First-hand knowledge of disaster recovery of networked servers is required.
- You will interface directly with clients to coordinate computer hardware, software and wireless equipment requirements.
- You will be expected to maintain good customer relations and explain technical and network related issues to managers and clients.
- You will operate as part of a dynamic team on challenging projects and are expected to help develop the skills of your teammates.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related discipline, plus 8 to 12 years of directly related network engineering and management support. We accept years of experience in lieu of degree.
- CCNP certification or equivalent, with an emphasis on routing and switching preferred.
- Strong experience in the configuration and the management of networks in accordance with Cisco Certification standards.
- Experience with governmental consulting and client relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Technical writing fundamentals of documenting technical procedures, system modifications, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
If interested, email cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Senior System/Network Engineer #2015-013” in the subject line when applying.
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination. EEO/W/M/Vets/Disabilities.