Practice Leader – Active Transportation
Location: California, Oregon or Washington
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, with eight offices across the U.S., DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned specialty transportation planning and engineering consulting firm. Our transportation efforts result in projects that enrich communities.
We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package that includes a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, a profit sharing/401(k) plan, and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package with a choice of medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
We are seeking a national expert with the experience to carry on and expand our legacy of active transportation planning and engineering on a firmwide basis. The ideal candidate must have 10 to 15 years of non-motorized transportation experience (cycling, pedestrian, trail, complete streets, and multimodal/multi-use facilities) and be a passionate leader in the field. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Required Duties – The essential responsibilities of this job are to:
- Build upon and expand the internal DKS active transportation culture
- Build upon and expand the DKS external brand to enhance the firm’s position in the marketplace and improve our ability to market active transportation projects
- Share and promote best practices and legislation for active transportation policies, design, and implementation internally and externally with our clients
- Develop and expand client and partner relationships to secure active transportation project revenue in support of the firm’s strategic plan
- Manage large, complex projects to completion on time and on budget
- Develop proposals, statements of work, contract terms, and project budgets; present proposals to clients and negotiate project deliverables and costs
- Research available bicycle and pedestrian funding sources
- Manage and mentor junior staff, providing timely and effective feedback and professional development
- Actively participate in relevant professional associations, including committee and board-level positions
- Be engaged in the firm’s leadership and business practices
Required Qualifications – This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or planning
- A minimum of ten years of experience in active transportation with five or more years of experience as a project manager who has managed staff
- Professional licensing (PE, PTOE) or certification (AICP) as applicable to professional experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience preparing design plans or studies and a strong understanding of project management principles, methods, and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to interact within the consulting and/or construction industry to form partnerships and teams for project pursuits
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Ability to travel
- Excellent analytic, interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation, skills
Desired Qualifications – Additional skills, experience, and education include:
- Master’s degree in transportation engineering, civil engineering, urban planning, or a related field of study
To Apply – If interested, email cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Practice Leader #2015-008” and office location preference in the subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name.Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful form of discrimination.